Co-organised by DBS Foundation and NUS Enterprise, Social Venture Challenge Asia aims to encourage Asian innovation by social enterprises to meet complex social needs, such as access to health and health education, employment generation for marginalised, environment protection and waste management solutions, responsible education and literacy, creating rural livelihoods, innovative technologies for social impact and even more.
This grant programme, namely DBS-NUS Social Venture Challenge Asia enables social enterprises to develop a prototype of their idea, improve existing processes or add critical capabilities to achieve sustainability, or scale up their existing business that leads to greater social impact. Grant partners include NUS Enterprise, Village Capital and Tata Institute of Social Sciences in India, SE Insights in Taiwan, YouChange Foundation in China, the Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) etc.
In Sept 2018, they are pleased to announce the 10 finalists out of 870 entries that were submitted this year.
The 10 finalists are :-
1. AfterSchool Education Limited (Hong Kong | Education & Training)
2. ATEC* Biodigesters International (Cambodia | Energy & Environment)
3. Bambuhay Social Enterprise (The Philippines | Agriculture)
4. CMED Health Limited (Bangladesh | Health & Wellness)
5. Innaumation Medical Devices (India | Health & Wellness)
6. Kendal Agro Atsiri (Indonesia | Energy & Environment)
7. Phi Life Center Pte Ltd (Singapore | Education & Training)
8. Science For Society Techno Services Pvt Ltd (India | Agriculture)
9. Shanghai BeBetter Education Technology Co.Ltd (China | Education & Training)
10. TS Voice Technology, LLC (Taiwan | Health & Wellness)
Full details: Please click here
The finalists will travel to Singapore to pitch to a panel of expert judges and a live audience of industry experts and impact funders at the Finale Week (15 – 18 October 2018), with over SGD$100,000 in awards to be won.
Source of Information: http://socialventurechallenge.asia
This page is also available in: 繁體中文