Policy on Collecting Personal Data
The DotAsia Organisation (the “DotAsia”) is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in Hong Kong as a “limited by guarantee and not having a share capital” corporation with a mission to promote Internet development and adoption around Asia. The income of DotAsia will be utilize to contribute proceeds in socio-technological advancement initiatives, including projects related to digital inclusion, education, scholarship, the development of open source technology and any other charity or community projects.
The purpose of establishing the Go.Asia website is to help the public better understand charitable works and encourage volunteering.
Collection of Personal Data
- The personal data you have provided to the DotAsia and Go.Asia will be treated as strictly confidential and will be used for purposes of disseminating e-newsletters. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”), you have the right to request access to or correction of the personal data provided, including the right to obtain a copy of your personal data. A fee may be imposed for complying with a data access request. Such requests should be made in the Data Access Request Form (No.OPS003 issued by the Privacy Commissioner) and sent to us by mail to the DotAsia Office, 12F, Daily House, 35-37 Haiphong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. By virtue of Section 20(3)(e) of the Ordinance, a data access request may be refused if it is not made in this Form.
- DotAsia will record visits to Go.Asia without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. Such statistics are collected for the compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems with or concerning computer systems to help improve the services of Go.Asia.
- Go.Asia includes the online membership registration of Friends of Go.Asia function. To ensure your personal data being protected, DotAsia will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your authorization. Please refer to the Terms of Service of Friends of Go.Asia for details.
- Unless with your consent or permitted or required by law, DotAsia will not disclose your personal data to your designated beneficiary charities.
- If you do not want to receive any educational or promotional materials from DotAsia, Go.Asia or other charities, please notify DotAsia Office through email or in writing.
- Search service on Go.Asia is provided. It does not collect personal identifiable information while serving search results through Go.Asia.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
Go.Asia Office, The DotAsia Organisation
Email: [email protected]
Address: 12/F , Daily House, 35-37 Hai Phong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui