The scale of the global refugee crisis is staggering. More people have been forced to flee their homes by conflict and crisis than at any other time since World War II. In the Middle East, Europe and beyond, millions of men, women and children are now in urgent need of humanitarian aid.
As a traveler, we know that we are all citizens of the same world. Steve Kaufer, Co-Founder & CEO of Trip Advisor invites their community members to join their refugee crisis relief efforts to spead the the value of giving back.
In 2015, travelers and the TripAdvisor Charitable Foundation raised more than $1.4 million for refugee crisis relief. In September 2016, the TripAdvisor Charitable Foundation announced an additional $5 million commitment of financial and in-kind support in four key areas:
- Meeting urgent humanitarian needs in Europe and the Syria region
- Enabling access to critical information via technology solutions, helping refugees make smart and informed decisions along their journeys
- Providing essential education and empowerment opportunities for refugee youth
- Supporting and strengthening resettlement opportunities in the U.S., and in other host communities.
Millions of people are facing the most difficult journey of their lives as they seek safe haven for themselves and their families. They are struggling to find food and shelter, or a way to earn a living. There are two simple and meaningful ways you can help:
1. Give the gift of Safe Passage. This Rescue Gift helps provide essential aid for families affected by the crisis, and can be dedicated in your name or in honor of a friend or loved one.
2. Make a donation to the IRC in any amount you choose.
To increase the impact of donars’ support, the TripAdvisor Charitable Foundation will match the first $125,000 donated by travelers to increase the impact of the campaign and support International Rescue Committee (IRC) for the refugee crisis relief efforts.
Source of Information: TripAdvisor