· Inadequate food storage is causing a huge problem of food wastage in parts of India.
· Around a third of all food produced in India is wasted every year.
· This translates to millions of tons of wasted food each year.
· A lot of food is regularly wasted throughout the supply chain, from the farms to people’s homes.
· About half of the stocks resellers buy from the wholesale market is spoiled before they reach the store, particularly during the monsoon season when it is exposed to the rain.
Click here for video.
This page is also available in: 繁體中文