Tomorrow is the World Environment Day (WED). In support of the UN designation of 2014 as the International Year of Small Island Developing States (SIDS), WED this year will adopt SIDS in the broader context of climate change as its theme. So how can we get involved? There are 5 ways to take action for WED!
1. Thousands have joined UNEP Goodwill Ambassadors Don Cheadle, Gisele Bündchen, Yaya Touré and Ian Somerhalder. With more than 3000 pledges there’s still time to join your chosen team — Power Down, Reduce Food Waste, Purge Plastics or Go Greener!
2. Join the WED community from India, Australia, US, Spain, UK, Singapore, Grenada, Brazil, Barbados, Mexico, Argentina and more who have signed up.
3. Greening the Blue Invites UN staff to Raise Your Voice for WED 2014
If you live or work on a small island, or have visited an island that you loved, or have tales to tell about sea level rise, or stories about how a small island is adapting to climate change – Greening the Blue wants to hear from you.
4. Every little step counts: Among the materials available to help celebrate WED is an e-mail signature, available at http://www.unep.org/signature_imgs/email_signature.gif.
5. Whatever you do, Register your activity today!
Find out more about celebrations around the world here.