· Nearly One billion people in the world are hungry
· That means one in seven people are suffering from hunger
· Hunger and malnutrition are the number one risk to health worldwide. Each year the death toll exceeds that of AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis combined.
· Every day, nearly 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes.
· That’s one child died in every five seconds
· Approximately 60% of the chronically hungry are women, and one-fifth are under the age of five
Source: Global Food Banking Network